misskatiellen

MissKatiEllen

Don't say Beetlejuice three times.

.Dreaming of Wonderland : Living in reality.

Heartless
Deborah Harkness
Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
Jacob Grimm
Progress: 439/844 pages

.All my Friends are Superheroes Book Review.

All My Friends are Superheroes - Andrew E. Kaufman

This Review can also be found at MissKatiEllen & Goodreads.

Tom isn’t a superhero. But his wife is. The Perfectionist is currently sat on a flight to start a new life and Tom’s got until the plane touches down in Vancouver to convince her he’s been with her the whole time, that he never left. That he’s not invisible.

Just the average bump in the road any newlywed couple goes through at the start of a marriage.

I loved this book, during his wedding reception Toms wifes ex boyfriend Hypno turns up and makes The Perfectionist believe that Tom is invisible. This story is told during the duration of the flight were Tom is sat trying to find anyway to make her see him, which isn’t as easy as you would think. It doesn’t matter what people tell her or if he tries to physically touch her, The Perfectionist believes Toms left her on their wedding night.

The narration weaves seamlessly from Tom sat on the flight to both of their pasts, Toms first encounter with a superhero, his relationships, The Perfectionist’s relationships, how they met and started dating, and most importantly their first few days, weeks and months spent as newlyweds.

Although this book is small it’s still filled to the brim with their history. It felt like everything right was included and every hero introduced wasn’t unnecessary, the edition I own is a collectable edition and includes a chapter filled with extra superheroes separate from the story.
Happy Reading.