misskatiellen

MissKatiEllen

Don't say Beetlejuice three times.

.Dreaming of Wonderland : Living in reality.

The Forever Song
Julie Kagawa
Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
Jacob Grimm
Progress: 439/844 pages

.Girl of Nightmares Book Reivew.

Girl of Nightmares  - Kendare Blake
This review can also be found at LostBetweenThePages & Goodreads.

"In the sixth row of the theater, in the third chair in, Anna winks at me. Or maybe she just blinks. I can't tell. She's missing half of her face."

I adored the first book and I loved this one just as much, again like the first book it's not crazily scary so if like me you're not into that this is a good read. Just maybe read during daylight hours...Set after the events of Anna, we open once again on a hunt but this time Cas is with his friends. I liked that little touch, both books mirroring openings but instead Cas is no longer alone in his world of death and supernatural. And for the first time ever he and his mum have stayed put.

There is so much to love about this book, not only is it a more series tone but it is a lot more emotionally driven. Which I think is a great feat from a male lead book. Not only have we seen Cas change and grow but we're seeing more of Carmel and Thomas. For me Carmel has to be the biggest surprise of these books, I grew to love her very quickly. She got thrown into this crazy world head first and tried to balance both lives as best she could. Thomas I feel grows into his own and we finally see what he's made of, he's no longer the kid who has is uses.

Cas is seeing Anna everywhere, tortured and lost. Not quite the life he'd be hoping for after everything she went through at the end of the last book. The search for Anna and how to save her brings them overseas to merry old England where we finally meet Gideon. In this book we learn a lot more about the athame and where it came from, its true purpose and what it is capable of doing. As their journey continues we meet a mysterious Order who have their own plans when it comes to Cas.

This book was so annoyingly close to being 5 stars if it wasn't for the fact that I felt the only thing lacking was some real history, but that may just be me and my need to devour history. I wanted to know more about the Order how the athame was made. I understand that Cas has no interest in the Orders ways and beliefs but I refuse to believe that Gideon would let him walk into such a dangerous situation without being a little bit prepared. Not to mention the fact that I would have thought Thomas would have done as much background reading as he could, even for the readers benefit. I also wished we got one more chapter after all the events that went down in hell. I'm not sure what I would want from it but I just felt it was needed, even if it was something as simple as a hunt.

That aside this book was brilliant, it is much slower paced compared to the first book as it is more research based then fighting ghosts all the time. There were some pretty jumpy moments some scenes that will stick in your mind. Let's not talk about the forest full of dead people